"you’re so full of yourself" no i had a lot of insecurites and a low self esteem which i worked extremely hard to overcome and now i realize that im awesome and i dont care if you think otherwise
i think my heart is made of warm honey
and my knees move like trombones
singing and sighing
my hair is the colour of the sea and
the waves seem to know my name
i am free
like a lighthouse
or a shipwreck, maybe
august is sticky and safe like
waking up from a long dream
beside a boy you like with a gap in his teeth
my skin is not the same
i am not the same
as i was when i lived in my mother’s house
1. Your skin may never be perfect, and that’s okay.
2. Life is too short not to have the underwear, the coffee, and the haircut you want.
3. Everyone (including your family, your coworkers, and your best friend) will talk about you behind your back, and you’ll talk about them too. It doesn’t mean you don’t love each other.
4. It’s okay to spend money on things that make you happy.
5. Sometimes without fault or reason, relationships deteriorate. It will happen when you’re six, it will happen when you’re sixty. That’s life."